Over the years I have read everything that Paullina Simons has written...Much of it I have loved and eagerly awaited her next offerings. Her last book, Road to Paradise, left me feeling somewhat disappointed. So, when her new book A Song in the Daylight was recently released I wasn't rushing out to buy a copy but seeing as they had it brand new at the library I borrowed it.
I finished it last night, I was actually tempted not to bother finishing it when I got to the halfway point but I don't like leaving books half finished. In a nutshell I found the main character selfish and self indulgent and I felt no empathy for her, more repulsed by her actions than anything...hence the reason I didn't find it to be enjoyable reading.
My reading list for 2009 has ended up being quite a small one, only 16 books, but Shantaram and it's 933 pages of small print (fabulous book) took me 4 months!
2009 Reading List
- The Five People You meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
- The Walker - Jane Goodall
- Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
- Things Without A Name - Joanne Fedler
- The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton
- Paths of Glory - Jeffery Archer
- Twilight - Stephanie Meyer
- New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
- Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
- Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer
- One Fifth Avenue - Candace Bushnell
- Alibi - Sydney Bauer
- Knit Two - Kate Jacobs
- Sepulchre - Kate Mosse
- The Kite Runner - Kahled Hosseini
- A Song in the Daylight - Paullina Simons
I'm kicking off my 2010 reading with Audrey Niffenegger's 'The Time Traveller's Wife' and I have quite a stack of books waiting to be read...The Lost Symbol, Life of Pi, Five Ancient Warriors, Mao's Last Dancer & A Thousand Splendid Suns to name a few!
Have a great day! Back next with a scrappy share :)